[Wikipedia-l] Suggestion about the meta-wikipedia

Daniel Lee Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 00:45:18 UTC 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 09:08 pm, Brion wrote:
> Okay, crazy idea time:
>
> What if we had the ability to include multiple wikis in the
> RecentChanges list? e.g., English AND meta and perhaps French and
> Esperanto wikipedias all together in one list? It would make my life
> more convenient, anyway.
>
> Yes. Yes, it's madness, I know. Besides, I'd probably be the one who had
> to figure out how to make it work cleanly. (ugh)
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

What an excellent idea! However, we would probably have to set up user
preferences a bit differently -- perhaps have options on which namespaces
and/or languages to display in RecentChanges. If we do this craziness, then
we should probably set the default NOT to show meta:namespace or its
equivalent  ("meta" is not very intuitive for me, and I'm not sure if it is
the best name for the function it will serve) or any other languages beyond
the user's/visitor's native one (which can be determined by them choosing
their language on the Main Page).

maveric149