[Wikipedia-l] Suggestion about the meta-wikipedia

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Apr 8 23:21:27 UTC 2002

I'm a new user and I didn't even know the meta wikipedia was there... I
was about to write my own page of 'questions about the wikepedia' to try
and get some answers. As it is I hadn't done it yet and now I know it
doesn't belong in the main wiki-space at all... I've also found answers
to some of my questions just by browsing, so I don't feel the need to
ask them anymore!

But since I didn't know about the meta-wp, the odds are that nor will
any other newbie, and newbies are just the sort of people with questions
and queries about the nature of the wikipedia... given the nature of the
project I can see a hundred newbies coming in over a period of  time and
making pages entitled 'Things I want to know about the Wikipedia' or 'My
Questions I want answered' etc... either that or I'm just wierd! I've
never been one to lurk and wait - if I think something's a good idea I
tend to jump in with both feet :)

Anyway, to get to the point, my suggestion is that there should be a
clear statement on the front page of the Wikipedia directing people to
the meta-wikipedia for discussions ABOUT the Wikipedia, like the link
sending people back to the main page from the front page of the meta.

Karen Johnson

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Come and visit my part of the web: