[Wikipedia-l] Levels of privileges

Julie Hofmann Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 21:11:43 UTC 2002

My $.02 -- I like Brion's idea of a kind of intermediate deletion.
Also,  I have never tried  to block an IP because I'm not sure I
understand the ramifications --- how long would that last?  How is it
reversed?  The only cases where I could actually see myself using it
would be to stop a vandal in progress, or to slow down an overeager
newbie who hasn't bothered to read any of the guidelines and is out
there creating tons of duplicate, 'incorrectly named' pages -- it would
be good to slow them down long enough to be pointed in the right
direction for log-in instructions, sandbox  practice, naming
conventions, etc. -- but without discouraging contributions.  Any
answers, suggestions? -- Jules