[Wikipedia-l] Fw: Re:Suggest a Site or Search Engine

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 08:54:00 UTC 2001

<lsanger at nupedia.com> writes:

> Yep, I agree with all that.  It would have been 100% better to present it as
> a project and go to great lengths to de-emphasize it as a product.

Definitely the best plan.  I wince every time I see people speak of it as a
"Britannia killer".  Eventually, maybe, but lets not forget that the linux
kernel (the metaphor du jour) took about 7-8 years to make a dent on server
space, and still needs maybe another 3 or 4 for decent desktop share.

--
Gareth Owen