[Wikipedia-l] Cleanup before NYT article

lsanger at nupedia.com lsanger at nupedia.com
Fri Sep 14 22:44:16 UTC 2001

I agree with essentially all of this--but it's something I can't do (well,
I could try, but you might not like the results).  Jimbo right now is on
the road (picking his wife and baby from Chicago!) and he won't be able to
do anything like this until probably Monday at the earliest, I imagine.

The only part I disagree with is having the "Receive an article a day"
link on every page.  It gets people coming back, which is important at
this stage in the game.  Many people don't even see the front page,
because they arrive at particular pages which are linked to by search
engines and other pages.  I say I disagree with this, but I don't disagree
strongly.  I really don't care that much about it.

I think it would be great to rename HomePage and RecentChanges, but only
if we can "redirect" traffic from those pages to "Wikipedia: ..." and
"Recent Changes."

Larry