[Wikipedia-l] PHP-wikipedia CVS repository

Magnus Manske Magnus.Manske at epost.de
Thu Sep 13 21:55:57 UTC 2001

I just uploaded the current version of my PHP script to the Nupedia CVS
repository. Jason is currently a little busy, so I though it can't do any
harm. It's at the "php.wikipedia" directory. It's not working, Jason will
have to copy it to the "real" site and set some password for database
access.

This version already includes full namespace support as I described it. Some
security has been added :
- Users without special privileges ("normal" users) can edit only pages in
the namespaces ":" (blank; the normal wikipedia space), "user:", "talk:",
and "wiki:"
- Operators can edit articles in any EXISTING namespace
- Sysops can also add new namespaces

So, we can have a "stable:" or "current:" namespace, or a "2001:", "2002:"
and "2003:", or "2001-09", or "2002-May", or all together, for our annual
versions. Simple as that :)

Just for clarification :
- Sysops can give users sysop and/or operator rights
- Operators can give users operator rights
- As initial sysops, I'd suggest Larry and Jimbo for the contents part, as
well as Jason, Toan and myself for the technical part...

Magnus