[Wikipedia-l] PHP script with tarball from www.wikipedia.com

Magnus Manske Magnus.Manske at epost.de
Tue Oct 30 19:16:16 UTC 2001

The English tarball is up at
http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/fpw/wiki.phtml! It is a little out-of-date
(13.000 pages, ~8.000 articles), but it should give a realistic view of the
performance to be expected. Of course, I will continue improving speed, and
the sourceforge server seems a little slow (to me, anyway) compared to the
bomis server, so don't be scared if something takes a second to load,
especially the new special functions. "Orphans" is currently not working
because it blows the memory limit for scripts on the sourceforge server.
I'll try to fix it some time soon.

Note : All Foobar/Talk subpages have been automatically converted to
talk:Foobar! There should be a green link on every article page leading to
the talk namespace.

I hereby officially welcome The Cunctator to the test site! Found some bugs
already! :)

And, yes, the script will be "free software". It's at sourceforge, after
all...

Magnus