[Wikipedia-l] Bug hunting!

lsanger at nupedia.com lsanger at nupedia.com
Sat Oct 27 00:08:33 UTC 2001

Hi all,

You might not quite realize it, but Magnus is on the verge of recommending
that Wikipedia switch to his very fine PHP wiki.  Yes!  This is good news,
but it ought to make you just slightly nervous.  (Not to say we don't have
*great faith* in Magnus.)  So help do some testing.  Go to

http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/fpw/wiki.phtml

and do some bug-hunting.  Does it work as you expected?  Does it have all
the functionality of the old Wikipedia (that we want to keep)?

Not all features we've requested are implemented; but not all of them need
to be implemented yet.  What's the phrase--rough consensus and running
code?

Just be gentle.  :-)

Larry