[Wikipedia-l] A proposal for the new software

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Oct 15 23:08:45 UTC 2001

I propose that in the new software, we might want to have better tools
for tracing the work of pranksters.

http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki.cgi?action=history&id=Muslim_Language

This shows that the first revision and 4th revision, both written by
168.143.112.xxx, contain references to a "secret Arabic language",
with a link.  The link is to a page with a "dictionary".  Upon
inspection, you'll see that the "dictionary" is for a pig-latin
variant.

So this is obviously a "joke", although since it isn't really funny
and probably isn't meant to be funny, a "hoax" or "prank" is probably
a better word.

Naturally, I wonder what else 168.143.112.xxx may have edited.  It
would be nice to be able to click on that as a link and see.

Or perhaps we could just have a special search function to allow us to
do this.