[Wikipedia-l] Happy Thanksgiving!

Magnus Manske Magnus.Manske at epost.de
Thu Nov 22 21:52:12 UTC 2001

These are the times when I wish I'd be in the States again, and have some
turkey :)

While most of you are celebrating, I uploaded the November 16 tarball from
wikipedia to the http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/fpw/wiki.phtml test site.
This will give all of us a realistic impression of how the script behaves
under current conditions. If we really switch over in late December/early
January, this is how it will be!

Please keep in mind:
- The sourceforge server is a little slow. The speed will be better on the
bomis sever.
- The sourceforge server limits the memory for the script. If a command dies
with "allowed memory size exceeded", don't worry, this won't happen on the
bomis server. It even works on my local machine.
- Remember, subpages are deactivated. That also means the "freestyle"
subpage links ("/Subpage") are broken.

Some features might already be helpful for today's work under the
UseModWiki! Just try the "Stub articles" function (on the QuickBar or the
"Special Pages"). Most of these stubs are probably stubs on the current
wikipedia as well!

This was the last major update for about a month. I'll try to fix serious
bugs when you write them on the bugs page, but I probably won't be adjusting
screen colors or the like ;)

Happy Thanksgiving,
Magnus