[Wikipedia-l] New logo?

Robert Bihlmeyer robbe+wiki at orcus.priv.at
Wed Nov 21 16:36:40 UTC 2001

Michel Clasquin <clasqm at mweb.co.za> writes:

> > Would anyone like to have a go at generating some new logo ideas?
>
> How do you feel about animated GIFs?

[general GIF issues already raised by Jimbo]

I think animated logos are unprofessional. While advertisements *want*
to distract, logos generally are not made for this purpose.

I am under the impression that we want to let our content stand for
itself, not get pushed to the side by noisy graphics. No big-wig site
I know uses an animated logo. Most constrain that to ads.

Actually, I don't think Wikipedia needs a new logo in the near future

BTW, I would also never include a animated link-button on one of my
pages.

--
Robbe