[Wikipedia-l] New logo?

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Nov 20 18:54:54 UTC 2001

I think many in the open source movement are opposed to gifs for some
intellectual property reasons.  I'm pretty ambivalent on the issue,
myself, but I also think we can respect those opinions fairly easily.

--Jimbo

Michel Clasquin wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 November 2001 03:40, you wrote:
> > I and a few other people have been thinking lately that, while it
> > certainly has its quirky charm, the present Wikipedia logo isn't quite
> > right.  For one thing, it would be a good idea to include the word
> > "Wikipedia" and possibly also the words "The Free Encyclopedia" as part
> > of the logo.
> >
> > Would anyone like to have a go at generating some new logo ideas?
>
> How do you feel about animated GIFs?
>

> --
> Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
> clasqm at mweb.co.za/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm
> This message was posted from a Microsoft-free PC
>
> f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n nx dmnstrtn
>

> [Wikipedia-l]
> To manage your subscription to this list, please go here:

*"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its*
* own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but *
* there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be *
*  pursuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can   *
*  certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." -Jeff Cooper    *