[Wikipedia-l] New logo?

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Tue Nov 20 01:40:00 UTC 2001

I and a few other people have been thinking lately that, while it
certainly has its quirky charm, the present Wikipedia logo isn't quite
right.  For one thing, it would be a good idea to include the word
"Wikipedia" and possibly also the words "The Free Encyclopedia" as part of
the logo.

Would anyone like to have a go at generating some new logo ideas?  The
challenge is making something that fits the spirit of the project,
includes one or more of the words above, and (!) fits in the upper
right hand corner of the web page!

Of course, this isn't high priority.  We could easily go on living with
the present logo.  A new logo might just be a nice little improvement.

Logo ideas could be posted on http://meta.wikipedia.com and announced from
[[Wikipedia Announcements]].

Larry