[Wikipedia-l] Layout of Wikipedia pages: "Wikipedia" missing

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Fri Nov 16 04:06:44 UTC 2001

I made some of these changes.

The change from "HomePage" to "Home Page" is essentially a change from
[[HomePage]] to [[Home Page]], if you see what I mean.  I'm reluctant
to make that one without giving it some thought as to the
ramifications for the software.

Axel Boldt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that our regular Wikipedia article pages don't mention
> the word "Wikpedia" anywhere. That's not good. Especially if somebody
> prints out an article, the word Wikipedia needs to appear somewhere.
>
> I suggest that we change "You can edit this page right now!" in the
> second line to "Wikipedia: the free encyclopedia. Contribute right now!"
>
> Also, "HomePage" should be changed to "Home page" or preferably "Main
> page".
>
> At the bottom, I would write "Search Wikipedia" instead of "Search".
> Also, the double link to "Edit texto of this page" is superfluous.
> Maybe just replace the "You can edit..." with the same slogan from
> above "Wikipedia: the free encyclopedia. Contribute right now!"
>
> Axel
> [Wikipedia-l]
> To manage your subscription to this list, please go here:

*"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its*
* own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but *
* there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be *
*  pursuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can   *
*  certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." -Jeff Cooper    *