[Wikipedia-l] Another PD Resource

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 23:50:58 UTC 2001

Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe+wiki at orcus.priv.at> writes:
> (from <URL:http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/copyright.html>)
>
> It's not clear to me how much copyright they can place on the texts

Anything classical is PD, the translations can be copyright, but then they
would not be at Perseus

> (they didn't create them, and all(?) of the authors are long dead);
> but they can copyright the collection, I think.

If you deal with the texts individually, you can do what you like to any one
of them.  But you certainly couldn't mirrot their site w/o permission, or
borrow their HTML, but who would want to?
--
Gareth Owen
"Wikipedia does rock.  By the count on the "brilliant prose" page, there