[Wikipedia-l] A copyright quickie (or two)

lsanger at nupedia.com lsanger at nupedia.com
Thu Nov 8 21:50:48 UTC 2001

I'd just like to put Gareth's new sig into context:

> "Wikipedia does rock.  By the count on the "brilliant prose" page,
> there are 14 not-bad articles so far" -- Larry Sanger (12 Jan 2001)

:-)  As you can see, this was written on January 10, just two days after
Wikipedia was set up and announced.  This was very exciting to me because
at the time we had garnered, oh, I don't know, about 14 articles on
Nupedia.  So the fact that Wikipedia had gained the same number of not-bad
articles in two days that Nupedia had gained over the previous 11 months
was, well, pretty exciting.  :-)

Just thought you might enjoy the background, that's all.  :-)

Larry