[Wikipedia-l] Today's anniversaries

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Thu May 31 12:12:05 UTC 2001

My 60 kopecks (about $0.02):

We could also add "today's news"; "today's almanac"; "today's new articles";
etc.  But then we would be making Wikipedia "My Wikipedia", you know, like
Yahoo has a "My Yahoo" page that serves as news, weather, etc. orientation.

Here's my conclusion.  It's a dandy idea--if someone actually maintains it
and does a good job with it.  But that's hard work!  If someone *did* write
a "today's anniversaries" page that was really good, then sure, it would
deserve a link from the front page.

Larry