[Wikipedia-l] Deutsche Wikipedia

Sonic sonic at arcormail.de
Thu May 17 15:04:57 UTC 2001

Hi!

I'm trying to write some stuff for deutsche Wikipedia, but have run into some
trouble:

- The software appears to have one error: When you make a new page, all links
to that page will not appears as links, but stay as though the page didn't
exist yet (i.e. with a clickable question mark that lets you edit the page.
The text you entered before will still appear, though). Editing existing
pages still works, but hey, there are only a handful at the moment.

- Whenever you are trying to use a German umlaut (ä ö ü
ß) in a link, Wikipedia doesn't make it a link. I know this is not
really a bug, but it is quite annoying and will lead to numerous
complications. Is it possible to create some sort of auto-conversion for
that, or do we really have to tell everybody to avoid using umlauts (which is
quite frustrating, as they are used regularly)?

Bye,

A.f.