[Wikipedia-l] new language wikis

Jimmy Wales jwales at aristotle.bomis.com
Tue May 15 19:42:24 UTC 2001

The proper thing to do, it was decided, is to use the 'language codes'.  You
can find this in the discussion on wikipedia, or...

http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm

The two letter codes should be preferred, but the 3 letter codes should probably
just magically work if someone happens to use one of them.