[Wikipedia-l] How to update Wikipedia

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Wed Feb 21 23:01:40 UTC 2001

I have an idea about how we can systematically update all the old pages:

(1) Search for "." or "e".
(2) Copy contents of each page in succession
(3) Replace the contents of all 1,300 or so MashedTogether pages with
#REDIRECT [[Mashed Together No More]].  Just BE SURE that you label the
page with the first letter capitalized.  I.e., NEVER type: "#REDIRECT
[[link like this]]".  Instead, type: "#REDIRECT [[Link like this]]".
(4) Paste copied contents on Mashed Together No More.

Then all we have to do is replace the LINKS to the old pages with links
to the new pages.

What do you think?  Shall we start doing this, or will Cliff or someone
be doing something to automate the link conversion process?

Larry