[Wikipedia-l] Strange feature of the new wiki revision

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Wed Feb 21 22:30:14 UTC 2001

This might be a bug, or I might just be confused.

I noticed that when I put in [[common sense]] on a page, it creates a
link to a page titled "Common sense" (first letter u.c.).  However, when
I click on CommonSense and replace it with #REDIRECT [[common sense]],
the *latter* creates a link to a page titled "common sense" (first
letter l.c.).

I would prefer to be able to title the page "common sense", actually.
And I *can*--by using a redirection page (!)--I just can't link to the
"common sense" page by using a [[common sense]] link on a regular page
(because that will point to "Common sense".  Another problem is that I
must rework my redirection pages from "[[common sense]]" to "[[Common
sense]]" or else all the old CommonSense links will be broken (because
they will point to "common sense" instead of "Common sense".

What should I do?  I'm sure at least ONE person will understand the
above.  :-)

Larry