[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia images for chemesitry - bonding convention

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Fri Aug 31 17:07:13 UTC 2001

Chemical structure diagrams seems like something there ought to be a
specialized free program to generate.  If we standardized on such a
program, the article source should contain whatever input file to
that program was used and we can use its output (in PNG, or EPS
rendered in PNG) in the articles themselves.  I don't think HTML is
adequate for the task.  We'll need something similar for mathematical
equations as well at some point (though complex HTML with special
characters is a possible alternative there).