[Wikipedia-l] Question regarding existing links

Peter Jones jonespr at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 22 10:45:25 UTC 2001

Just a quick question regarding links.

I have just revised an entry (Blade Runner) which included a link to
"Philip K. Dick/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep".  I then went and
created a page for "Do Androids Dream...".  When I go back and look at
the Blade Runner page again, the link in question still appears as an
edit link, rather than a "normal" link.  However, if I re-edit the Blade
Runner page and hit [Preview], the preview displays correctly.

I don't want to re-save the page just to fix the link.  Is that what I
have to do?  Or am I doing something else wrong?  (Or is there a script
which runs through the wikipedia on a regular basis and fixes all these
dangling edit links that are no longer dangling?)

Pete.