[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia down right now ?

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Aug 1 00:07:06 UTC 2001

http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Perfect_number
seems to work fine for me.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki.cgi?Perfect_number
also seems to work fine for me.

So for pages that already exist, the rewriting seems to be fine.

Your particular example is interesting, because there is not literally a page
called "Foo".  For this, I get different results for the two, and I don't know
off the top of my head why that should be.  But you're write, it is something
anomolous with the mod_rewrite rules.