[Wikipedia-l] Searching

Andre Engels engels at win.tue.nl
Thu Aug 2 08:27:20 UTC 2001

Could the search option be changed so that it gives the pages linking to
a certain page, rather than the pages containing a certain phrase? As things
are now, a page with "... is an actor who always wears panama hats" (or
even "The panamarican highway" will show up in a search for Panama, but
"... the [[Panama|Panamese]] prime minister..." will not. I think such a
search could also be made faster than the current one.

Andre Engels, engels at win.tue.nl
Telephone: +31(0)6-11181398 (GSM)
http://www.win.tue.nl/~engels/index_en.html
PGP Public key: see http://www.win.tue.nl/~engels/pgp.asc

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise,
we don't believe in it at all			-- Noam Chomsky