[Wikipedia-l] Wiktionary

rose.parks at att.net rose.parks at att.net
Wed Apr 18 12:59:40 UTC 2001

Hi,

     My only suggestion is that whatever dictionary you
use as base should be current. Part of what "standard
usage" means is "current usage."
     You might have sections for "new words" and a place
to add unusual, but fairly main stream uses of common
words.
     That would put new words, that is "coined words"
say alphabetically at the end. New usages could be added
to the main entries in the read-write area. Of course,
such usages would be better documented with the source,
sort of like the OED, allowing all media as sources.

     Just a suggestion.

           As Ever,

             Ruth Ifcher