[Wikinews-l] How to write an article [was: Wiki News]

bawolff bawolff+wn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 02:13:46 UTC 2010

Hi.

Anyone can write Wikinews. (we're a wiki :).
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_an_article is the
official guide on how to write an article. It would also probably be
beneficial to look at how other articles are written to kind of get
the idea. We do not cite our sources quite in the academic way, but we
still cite our sources. (in short, we have a bibliography, but we do
not have any inline citations). There are slight differences between
print and online (and for that matter Wikinews and other online news
sites). The most significant difference is that online news is less
pressed for space, where print newspapers are sometimes very crammed.

Hopefully that answers your questions , if you have any more, please
don't hesitate to ask. There is also an irc (chatroom) that you can
try as well to get in contact with wikinewsies, if your interested:
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/WN:IRC
-- Cheers,
- Bawolff
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85
million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.