[Wikinews-l] A "record" big day and a little statistics

Jon Davis wiki at konsoletek.com
Sun Sep 13 06:14:24 UTC 2009

For those that haven't been around En.WN today, we hit 20 published articles
in one day (September 12 - UTC)!!  This is a fairly major deal for us since
we haven't hit anywhere near this number of published articles in one day in
a long time.  In fact I claimed it as a new record high since I didn't
remember the last time we had that many.  As it turns out, we've had a few
days better than that, but none of them since we instituted the {{peer
review}} system.  So, I think we should still claim it as a record.

For all those that were on today writing/reviewing or just chatting &
helping out - I want to say a big thanks to you all.  Especially the last 2
hours when many rear ends were kicked in to over drive to make it to that
nice shiny "20" number.

For my second item of business.  I got interested in our article counts
after all the arguing of when the most articles was, so on and so forth, so
I went and did some data grinding.  I pulled out the number of articles in
every "Day Category" (EX: [[Category:September 12, 2009]]) and then worked
some Excel magic on them.  I posted a bit of interesting data along with
some very pretty pictures (Excel graphs) which I've published for everyone
enjoyment: [[User:ShakataGaNai/Statistics Project]] ( http://enwn.net/5967).

Some highlights:
* We average 8.7 articles per day.
* Since the beginning, we've only had 6 days with 0 articles (Though 4 of
the 6 have been in the last 12 months)
* Most articles ever published was 27, on April 6, 2005
* If you look closely at the "Articles Per Day" graph you can see a
noticeable slow down in article publishing since the introduction of {{peer
review}} (Quality over quantity?)

Enjoy

--
Jon