[Wikinews-l] Wikinewsie

gopher65 gopher65 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 4 13:36:48 UTC 2009

I'd suggest 3 wikinewsie blogs, for the reasons specified by Tristan and
Brian (rants look unprofessional, but unused personal blogs do too, if
they're associated with Wikinews). Blog 1: technical stuff related to
Wikinews. Blog 2: strict editorial content. Rules are much the same as they
are with an on-wiki article, but the NPoV requirement is dropped (and
probably a few of the other reqs as well). Blog 3: Combined personal space
for accredited reports, for any crap that doesn't fit in either of the other
2 blogs (including the occasional inappropriate rant that we *know* will
happen whether we want it to or not).

I've read blogs before that attempt to combine those 3 separate aspects of
blogging into a single blog, and it does indeed look unprofessional (see the
badastronomy blog for an example. You have Science posts (good), editorial
posts (the author can do as he pleases I guess), and rants (bad) all in one
section). I think we should attempt to avoid this problem by separating out
our ranting, editorials, and technical content. That way people can *choose*
want parts they read and what they don't.

gopher65