[Wikinews-l] WikiVoices #51 / English Wikinews Writing Contest 2010 - #wikiwednesday

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Dec 9 13:54:32 UTC 2009

Mike Peel has near-confirmed/agreed to do WikiVoices #51 (previously Not
the Wikipedia Weekly). I'm there, Durova is ringmaster, and Jimmy Wales
will also be in on it.

It's the 23rd, 8pm UK time, and via Skype, a Skypecast (funny name for a
podcast) should be available shortly thereafter.

The idea is to see if a few Wikinews articles can be put together during
the recording session. Up to around 15 additional call-ins can be
supported provided people mute mics as appropriate to avoid a "wall of
background noise".

It will also be another point to promote Wikinews' 2010 writing contest,
which starts on January 25. Alas, so far we've not dug up any prizes -
in a couple of previous competitions I've put up some cash - the idea of
it being "paid editing" goes away when you're looking at about
10p/article.

Please complain bitterly, but *constructively*, about any of the
neglected Wikinews landing or help pages; if you've a relative that
relates you the news blow-by-blow, send them our way, and if you're a
twit, send it out with the #wikiwednesday tag.

Competition:
http://enwn.net/WWC2010

WikiVoices #51
http://enwn.net/7F9Cf

The "for Wikipedians" Wikinews intro
http://enwn.net/197b

The "for your friends who might try" Wikinews intro
http://enwn.net/6bc42

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>|http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil
Content of this message in no way represents the opinions or official position