[Wikinews-l] Rebooting the "Wikipedia invasion

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Dec 1 14:53:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 09:35 -0500, Alexandr Romanov wrote:
> The examples look good to me. One suggestion, maybe link "Wikipedia is
> not a news site" to WP:NOTNEWS ?
>
> Александр Дмитрий
> Alexandr Dmitri
>
> 2009/12/1 Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>
>         I've decided that now is a *very* appropriate time to, once
>         again, try
>         and restart discussion on Wikipedia paying more than
>         lipservice to
>         Wikinews as the appropriate venue for news coverage.
>
>         http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Brian_McNeil#.22Recent.22_templates

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 09:35 -0500, Alexandr Romanov wrote:
> The examples look good to me. One suggestion, maybe link "Wikipedia is
> not a news site" to WP:NOTNEWS ?

Nit: If I start bitching about top-posting, please check I've taken my
meds ;-)

Unfortunately, [[WP:NOTNEWS]] is a link to a sub-section of a very long
and somewhat complex project policy page. I'm reluctant to link to that,
and instead chose to state "Wikipedia is not a news site." as a blunt
fact.

As you should see from another message, I originally BCC'd Jimmy Wales,
and there was a very prompt response. I think I messed up passing the
email through the list approval process - whitelisted the address, but
discarded the message (Sorry Jimmy, won't happen again).

Mike Peel of WMUK has already posted a "yes!" on my enWP talk page. So,
were else do we have Wikinews snuck into Wikipedia? I remember there's
something about porting links from DPLs over to Portals; can someone
comment on the techie aspects of this?

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil