[Wikinews-l] Cnesorshop

divol jacques.divol at laposte.net
Mon May 19 16:02:23 UTC 2008

Le 19 mai 08 à 17:40, Paul Williams a écrit :

> embargo or "media blackout"

are very bad.

I do not know who create this mechanism and why journalists'ld follow
this rule.

I know "embargo" exists as i fall upon one time or two (i am not a
professional journalist) and very surprised each time.

Franckly, i don't understand how "freedom of press" and embargo could
exist both.

For exemple, in France, when there's a vote, no one should know the
results before the end of the ballote, but journalists (and politics,
friends and famillies)  know, why ?, because "embargo"?  (not good
english i am sorry)

For me, Wikinews 'ld find his/her way outside this strange way to do
press and news : embargo or "media blackout"

we already have "Flags", it's enought

no border for knowledge, please.
no social or profesional border for Knowledge, please

jacques divol
(i hope i am not off topic)