[Wikinews-l] Wikinews internationalization

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:44:12 UTC 2007

I think that Wikinews is small enough that it may avoid Wikipedia
mistakes. The biggest one is Wikipedia's communities separation to
language projects. So, I suggest next policies:

- One body at the organizational level. For example, wikinewsie.org
should be a matter of all Wikinewsians; accreditations should be
Wikinews-wide, not en.wn only; if there are offices in other parts of
the world, they should function as offices of any other news agency.
- The same policies. From basic ones (like NPOV is) via different
procedures to, ideally, one place for voting for project admins.
- The same methods at the technical level. If we have some bot for
currency exchange rates, it should work all over the projects, not
only on one.

There are a lot of bad things which may be avoided if we are
functioning as one community, not as separate, language based
communities.