[Wikinews-l] Wikinews: Video Wikinews 2.0 produces first promo video.

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:03:46 UTC 2007

On 11/04/07, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> We still have to promote them, though. Does YouTube retain copyrights on the
> videos uploaded to the website?

I assume not. The BBC, for example, has an account and uploads pretty
lengthy clips to YouTube. Perhaps Wikimedia should do the same thing?

Being copyleft, our content can be reused quite freely (including
being posted on YouTube). I simply contest using YouTube/Microsoft
Live or any other such site which uses proprietory software as the
*primary* distributor of our content.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)