[Wikinews-l] Wikinews: Video Wikinews 2.0 produces first promo video.

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:00:28 UTC 2007

First, kudos for trying to get started with a new initiative for
Wikinews. The multimedia aspect of Wikinews has lots of potential.

However, there are many problems with using MSN Space Live, not least
of which it appears you need Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, and
Adobe Flash Player 9 to get it to work. That's a pretty severe
limitation. Microsoft has shown itself to be uncooperative in
supporting multiple platforms and browsers.

We should investigate alternatives immediately and try to migrate away
from this solution. Thanks!

-Andrew