[Wikiml-l] Wikiproject on Measurement Systems of Kerala

Jyothis E jyothis.e at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:20:36 UTC 2011

Dear fellows,

First of all, apologies for English. I am short of time and resources to get
to somewhere that I can type/read Malayalam.

It would be great if some one could initiate a project to bring the
traditional measuring systems of our state into Wiki. This is a start
<http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/കേരളത്തിലെ_പുരാതന_അളവുതൂക്കങ്ങൾ>and some hints
towards expanding would be towards Thola, Nazhi,
idangazhi<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Idangazhi.JPG>,
Kol, etc etc. if some one can fish out an Enchuvadi (I hope we still get it
there), that may have some of it. It may be worth while to ask our grand
parents, they will have explanations as well. This is something that is
being forgotten and we need to preserve the knowledge for our own sake.

Traditional carpentry tools and measurements should also be covered in
this.

Comments welcome.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jyothis.

http://www.Jyothis.net

My Malayalam Wikipedia page <http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jyothis>
Metawiki page <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jyothis>
I am the first customer of http://www.netdotnet.com
My toolserver tools <http://toolserver.org/~jyothis>

woods are lovely dark and deep,
but i have promises to keep and
miles to go before i sleep and
*lines to go before I press sleep*

completion date = (start date + ((estimated effort x 3.1415926) / resources)
+ ((total coffee breaks x 0.25) / 24)) + Effort in meetings