[Wikimedia ZA] Possible school project

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 12:58:45 UTC 2010

Hi all,

At Software Freedom Day I got some schoolkids from Mamelodi interested
in the project, and they tried their hands at translating some English
text into the Sepedi wikipedia incubator.  They were very eager, and
were intensely debating which word to use for which concept.  We
didn't get much done: only a paragraph or two, but I spoke to their
computer studies teacher, and they have a computer lab with internet
access, and she's willing to open it up for us on a Saturday, and the
kids said they'd be happy to come in on a Saturday for the project.  I
still have to hear from her again, and I'll keep you all in the loop
as things develop.

I'm happy to go there and facilitate, but if you have experience of
this kind of thing, or know Sepedi, or have a clear idea of what the
most urgent, achievable or useful articles would be, please help!

I've got a picture or two that I'll post later.

Regards,

--
David Richfield
e^(πi)+1=0