[Wikimedia Kenya] African Incubator.

stephen wanjau wanjaustev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:32:41 UTC 2011

Hi Nice People,

I had a chat with Isla Haddow from the WikiAfrica project. She was
pleased to hear of what we are undertaking here in Kenya and across
the borders.

She informed me that they are planning to conduct an African
Incubator. The incubator is being created for the reason that, it will
break the ice about contributions to Wikipedia. So that Volunteers who
get aboard feel at home and know precisely what they are doing.

The participants are anticipated to write two articles or so with
guidance from knowledgeable Wikipedians and expectantly from there
they shall have gotten what feels like to be a Wikipedian.

FYI, The African Incubator shall be rolled out in the whole of Africa.

They are planning to do a pilot test over Christmas and then later go
live in January next year. As of now they are in the very final
preparation stages.

She called for volunteer Wikipedians who will oversee the newbies
through this process, or help in creation of the incubator by giving
suggestions on the best way forward and any Wikipedia admins would
also be more than welcome to become involved!

Your feedback regarding this project is highly appreciated and antipated.

Regards,
Stephen.