[Wikimedia Kenya] Meetup Minutes: 09/04/2011

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Mon Apr 11 06:41:38 UTC 2011

Hi all,

congratulations on the process! That looks very good.

A short comment on the board votes: In WMCH we have a "president" which
is being elected seperately from the board members and this person has
the deciding vote, should there be a tie. Just a suggestion. From the
KISS point of view I like your version - with the odd number of board
members - better, because there has been ongoing discussions on the best
way of electing the president to not interfere with the board elections.

In Austria we have dedicated board seats: President, Vice-President,
Treasurer, Vice-Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-Secretary, plus two Advisors.

While having advisor seats makes the board more flexible (especially if
you allow the board to appoint people as needed, without a fixed number
that has to be elected) I wouldn't recommend to fix the board positions
as we do in WMAT. During the candidate introduction / nomination you can
still stress on the fact that the candidates need to fill all roles
needed and later assign the tasks among board members.

/Manuel
--
Regards
Manuel Schneider