[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia India: Wikipedia Takes Ahmedabad, January 2012

Arnav Sonara sonara.arnav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:16:15 UTC 2012

Hello,

304+ images !!!! Thanks and congrats to you guys for organizing this.

Also the participants were told about adding Category:Ahmedabad_1 to their
images, there were quite a few who didn't add the categories.

Thus a mess could have been created, but User:Me.aragorn and myself started
adding relevant category by keeping an eye on newly uploaded files.

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Pradeep Mohandas <pradeep.mohandas at gmail.com
> wrote:

> hey,
>
> This is great news! Congratulations to the organizers for pulling this off.
>
> Pradeep
> User:Prad2609
>
> Handheld
>
> On 03/01/2012, Anirudh Bhati <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings!  This is a short update on the January edition of Wikipedia
> > Takes Ahmedabad.  From where I stand, the event has been a resounding
> > success!  Over seventy-five people turned up, both old and young, this
> > morning, which is no mean feat since it was very cold as well as a
> working
> > day.
> >
> > Special thanks to Noopur Raval, our benevolent dictator and project
> > mastermind, Srikeit Tadepalli, who spent time with me following the
> project
> > participants prepping them and helping them figure out Wikimedia
> projects.
> >  Our heartfelt gratitude to Aviral Mediratta, Khayal Dave, Yash Vadiwala,
> > Konarak Ratnakar, Smit Shah, Karthik Mistry and Chirag Solanki; our team
> > leads and coordinators for helping everyone take beautiful pictures.
> >
> > Please keep an eye on our maintenance [[Category:Ahmedabad 1]], specially
> > created for the event.  238 pictures have been uploaded so far... and we
> > expect a lot more being uploaded by tomorrow.
> >
> > I will be posting a project report soon.  Thank you!
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Anirudh Bhati
> >
> > Wikimedia India
> >

> --