No subject

Fri Sep 2 16:33:14 UTC 2011

Code4Lib is having their 2012 conference in Feb. in Seattle. Might be
something of interest if you're into tech-ness and how open source
communities can work together. Here is how they describe their organization:

" code4lib isn't entirely about code or libraries. It is a volunteer-driven
collective of hackers, designers, architects, curators, catalogers, artists
and instigators from around the world, who largely work for and with
libraries, archives and museums on technology "stuff." It started in the
fall of 2003 as a mailing
list<http://dewey.library.nd.edu/mailing-lists/code4lib/>when a group
of library programmers decided to create an overarching
community agnostic towards any particular language or technology."

I'm unable to attend due to other obligations, but, it might be something
others have interest in. Would be a great opportunity to "combine our
powers" or see where we can work together.

http://code4lib.org/

Is there any such grouping in India? Exploring their website, they are
geared towards GLAM as well. Wondering that if we're going to do GLAM stuff
in India we might benefit from interacting with such a group in India as
well.

warm regards,
Pradeep Mohandas

--
Pradeep Mohandas
How Pradeep uses email - http://goo.gl/6v1I9

--bcaec53d550d3e1b1104b4888e88

in Feb. in Seattle. Might
    be something of interest if you&#39;re into tech-ness and how open
    source communities can work together. Here is how they describe
    their organization:<br>
    &quot;
   =20
    code4lib isn&#39;t entirely about code or libraries. It is a
    volunteer-driven collective of hackers, designers, architects,
    curators, catalogers, artists and instigators from around the world,
    who largely work for and with libraries, archives and museums on
    technology &quot;stuff.&quot; It started in the fall of 2003 as a <a hr=
ef=3D"http://dewey.library.nd.edu/mailing-lists/code4lib/" target=3D"_blank=
">mailing
      list</a> when a group of library programmers decided to create an
    overarching community agnostic towards any particular language or
    technology.&quot;<br>
    I&#39;m unable to attend due to other obligations, but, it might be
    something others have interest in. Would be a great opportunity to
    &quot;combine our powers&quot; or see where we can work together. <br>
   =20
</a><br>
oring their website, they are geared towards GLAM as well. Wondering that i=
f we&#39;re going to do GLAM stuff in India we might benefit from interacti=
ng with such a group in India as well.<br>
ohandas<br>How Pradeep uses email - <a href=3D"http://goo.gl/6v1I9" target=

--bcaec53d550d3e1b1104b4888e88--