[Wikimediaindia-l] WikiConfIndia - Old/New Logo Decision & discussion

Vivek Murarka vivek.murarka at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 08:24:19 UTC 2011

I'm glad the decision is to stick to the old logo.

I does *seem* to be spelled incorrectly, but actually it's not.

The old logo uses running-hand devnagri (as in, as if its handwritten) and not any printing font. Handwritten devnagri can be as difficult (or easy) to read as any other script. The way its written in the logo, one does have to re-read it and work it out - but that's part of its appeal to me.

I've not seen the re-submitted new logo and hence this is not a comment on its merits.

Thanks & Regards,
VivekM
[iqp,ra]