[Wikimediaindia-l] Pune intro to wikipedia workshop: a short report

Hisham hisham at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 27 03:00:22 UTC 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 7:53 PM, Bishakha Datta wrote:

> This was the first time undergrads had taught postgrads in this department - a nice role reversal. And this was the first time the CAs had stepped outside the India Education Program to do a non-program workshop. The student-to-student thing really worked.

This is actually a real interesting point - and I'd love more CAs to get similarly involved in talking Wikipedia outside of their own classrooms. They bring a powerfully fresh perspective, are amazingly motivated and are able to connect really well with potential newbie editors, especially students.

> So many thanks Abhishek, Arnav, Devanshi and Nikita. It was great!
>
> And thanks a ton, Hisham, for putting so much together at such short notice.

Thanks for the many kind words, Bishakha. I'm glad it went off well.  Strictly speaking though, all the credit for the organizing of this goes to Ram (who's co-ordinating the program in Pune) and to the CAs themselves!  I just made a phone call...

hisham