[Wikimediaindia-l] Notices on Tamil Wikipedia

Arjuna Rao Chavala arjunaraoc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:52:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik.lak at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Untill July, Site notice in Tamil Wikpedia used to give only prominent
> links to Fonts / typing tutorial / Village pump. Occasionally when
> meet-ups/workshops happen, we would announce them. We thought to put this
> system into good use and we are already seeing positive results.
>
> --cut--

Thanks for sharing. I am glad to see the effectiveness of Wikipedian
Profile  and other initiatives

In Telugu we featured Wikipedians in the form of an e-interview in our
newsletter/e-zine "TeluguWIki", which helped only  to a limited extent as
the e-zine does not have regular periodicity as per design.

Cheers
Arjun