[Wikimediaindia-l] Notices on Tamil Wikipedia

Bala Jeyaraman sodabottle at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:32:33 UTC 2011

>>.Putting faces of Tamil Wikipedians into sitenotice was not a big effort
since we already had profiles of people featured on main page.

To elaborate on this, Tamil wikipedia has a separate section called
"Wikipedian profile" (loose translation) in the front page, updated every
two or three weeks. This project is the brainchild of Ravishankar and is one
of the major homegrown success stories in Ta wiki. It has been ongoing since
Oct 2009 and around 40 wikipedians have been featured so far. In the profile
we feature a few lines about the wikipedian - his background, interests and
his significant contributions etc (with photo if the wikipedian featured is
willing to supply one).

The past profiles are in this page : http://tawp.in/r/1eyn

These have come in handy while preparing the Sitenotices, which essentially
say "This guy is from X and contributes to Y topics. You can contribute on
your favorite topics too"