[Wikimediaindia-l] social media to use

Nagarjuna G nagarjun at gnowgi.org
Sat Sep 10 02:48:50 UTC 2011

In the recent announcement about the wikimedia conference I saw this:
*
Social Media Facebook and Linkedin event pages, and official Twitter account

*Mediawiki as a media technology does not belong there. It is not the
outcome and end that this group should be interested in, but also means of
getting there.

I personally think we should encourage and use the free software
alternatives like identi.ca, diaspora so that the event takes an opportunity
to promote these media which protects user's freedom.

By linking your account to other facebook or twitter followers to
identi.caaccount you will help tell the world that microblogging can
be done with
free software as well and your event supports/sponsors identi.ca.

I do hope the mediawiki conference supports free social media and uses this
occasion to spread this message among the wikimedians.

--
GN