[Wikimediaindia-l] August Chapter Update

Gautam John gautam at prathambooks.org
Mon Sep 5 06:49:44 UTC 2011

Dear Wikimedia India Members and Community,

The highlights of Chapter Update for September 2011 are given below.
Membership Update

The membership base, as on September 4th, 2011, stands at 81 members.

*Gender* Male membership is at 68 corresponding to 84% and Female membership
is at 13 corresponding to 16%.

*Geographic location* Maharashtra accounted for largest number of members at
30 followed by Karnataka at 26 and Kerala at 9.

*Vocation* Industry members are the highest at 28 followed by Student at 19
and Academia at 10. Others category has 24.

*Preferred language as Editor* English at 67 corresponding to 92% stands
first followed by Malayalam 13 and Hindi 7.
AGM and Executive Committee Elections

Notice for the first Annual General Body Meeting to be held on the 24th of
September, 2011 at the Centre for Internet and Society, 194, 2nd Cross,
Dommaluru 2nd stage, Bangalore-560071
 has been sent by post and by email.

Simultaneous with the AGM, we are holding elections to fill three vacancies
in the Executive Committee. We have six members standing for these three
posts and all members who are members on or before the 23 June 2011 are
eligible to vote and have been posted an authenticated ballot paper that can
be used either by post or in person at the AGM.

More details here:
http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a4a966d3118da2bc83baffaf5&id=38e6a54252
Chapter, India Office and Foundation Coordination

A monthly call between the India Chapter and the Wikimedia Foundation has
been instituted and members of the Chapter EC, Hisham Mundol and Asaf Bartov
will participate. The objective of the call is to share information and
improve collaboration between the Chapter and the Foundation on various
Wikimedia projects of relevance to India. The first call was held on Aug 24,
2011.
Outreach and Wiki Acadamies

We have been encouraged by the early response to Wiki Acadamies and there
are currently three planned at the Department of Public Libraries,
Bangalore, Thatzit Pvt Ltd, Mumbai and GCET, Greater Noida.

More information on these and on how to host your own Academy is available
here: http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Specific_segment_outreach

We look forward to your continued support and appreciate all assistance to
help expand our membership base and hope to see many of you at the AGM! Till
next month...

Best,

Gautam John