[Wikimediaindia-l] Arthapedia - Indian Gov Site on the lines of Wikipedia

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 06:13:25 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 22:20, Gautam John <gautam at prathambooks.org> wrote:

> Not really a Wikipedia model, what?
>
> Crying shame about the license.

Only valid concern is about license, but then if its about bridging the gap
between policymakers and general public, I feel it will be yet another
"tam-tam" site from govt and will have no encyclopedia content. We could
still use the content as RS since it comes from govt.

FYI: Arthapedia is available at arthapedia.in

I dont think there is a room for involvement since the goals are not even
intersecting except that they use Mediawiki. Looking at the site, an academy
about how to put Wiki texts(syntax), making successful Interlinked content
can be given a shot, but then it will help only their project and public
over all and may be a fraction of them editing Wikipedia. Currently they are
just copy pasting documents without interlinking. Some Mediawiki
help(tips/advice) too can be given.

Srikanth.L