[Wikimediaindia-l] Act Now to Protect the Public Domain

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Thu Sep 1 23:19:49 UTC 2011

Dear all,
On Friday the Rajya Sabha is due to debate the Copyright Amendment Bill,
which (amongst many things) increases term of copyright in photographs
from 60 years from publication of the photo to 60 years after death of
the photographer (while the international standard is 25 years from
publication).

Please oppose this by e-mailing your Rajya Sabha representative:
http://goo.gl/6CMXC

I apologize for the horrible formatting of that selection form (which
should get fixed soon to ensure that your states' RS MPs alone are
shown).  Since time is of the essence, we decided to go ahead any way.

Regards,
Pranesh

--
Pranesh Prakash