[Wikimediaindia-l] Supporting the languages of India

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:37:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 19:47, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
parakara.ghoda at gmail.com> wrote:

> You need to work with someone who knows the language to the purest of its
> form, knows it in and out, and also knows technology. I doubt you'd've come
> across MANY of those at either WCI or the Hackathon.

Irrespective of agreeing / disagreeing with other premises, I would have to
disagree with you here.

While its *ideal* if we get folks who know "Language to the purest of its
form + in and out of technology", I would lower the bar on either / both of
it for the sake of more hands. My premise is Indic has a very tiny
community, so any help is of great help and it was the same thing I talked
at WCI towards end of my talk[1] (See last slide).

[1]
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AImpact_of_Tools_in_Indic_Wikipedia.pdf

Srikanth.L